The following sections details how to interpret the charges on your bill.
Note: For Bill-in-Advance invoicing, the types of charges will be the same as the list below, but some charges will belong to a group of estimated charges, while the others will be actual charges for services provided.
Types of Charges
Potential charges on your invoice can include costs for any of the following:
- Standard dosimetry services (charges fluctuate based on type of dosimetry program or product: neutron, ring, etc.);
- Lost or unreturned dosimeters;
- New participant set up;
- The printing of specialized reports or additional copies (standard reports do not incur a fee);
- Specialized packaging (e.g., a large hospital network that pays to have LANDAUER sort, package, and ship specific dosimeters to various sites within the network); and
- control dosimeters (you will never be charged for control dosimeters, but it will be included as a line item on your bill for inventory purposes at $0.00. See bill shown in the next section for an example.).
Why Does My Bill Seem to Have Duplicate Charges?
Your invoice covers multiple dosimeter wear periods (e.g., a semi-annual invoice with bi-monthly service covers a total of three wear periods). While you may only receive one bill, fees are calculated by wear period, and a single invoice might include summaries for the services billed during each period.
TIP: When trying to determine which charges belong to which wear period, take note of the different dates in the “Service Date” and “Wear Date” columns.
Click HERE for LANDAUER’s updated dosimetry service summary, which explains the charges you may encounter on your invoice.